Today, when minimalist life is advocated, people often prefer fabric sofas in the choice of sofas. However, some people still insist on choosing a leather sofa. Whether it is a fabric sofa or a leather sofa, there are reasons to choose it. Although some friends like the unique texture and sense of the use of leather sofas, they often know little about the cleaning and maintenance of sofas. Let's follow the royal family to learn how to clean and maintain the leather sofa.
Let the Sofa Stay in The Right Environment
- 1. Ensure ventilation in the living room. Too dry or wet will accelerate the aging of leather.
- 2. Avoid direct sunlight. Sun radiation will increase the temperature of the leather, causing the oil to volatilize, reduce the humidity, reduce the elasticity, cause cracks, and cause the colored leather surface to fade.
- 3. Avoid contact with high temperatures. In winter, leather sofas should be kept away from indoor heating facilities (at least 30cm away from heat sources). Also, don't put it where the air conditioner blows directly, it is easy to harden the leather surface.
Cleaning of Leather Sofa
Simple cleaning once a week, wipe with clean water to remove dust on the surface of the sofa.
Maintenance once every 2-3 months, wipe with a professional leather care agent.
Thorough cleaning once a year, need to use professional leather cleaner to clean and then maintain with care agent.
Dust removal: first use a damp soft cloth to remove the floating dust on the surface of the sofa, and dip it in clean water. This step does not require the use of professional care agents.
Cleaning: Sponge or soft cloth dipped in detergent, wipe gently, not too hard, be careful not to make scratches on the leather surface. General cleaning agents must be mixed with water in proportion, and you must understand the relevant instructions before operation.
Care: Wipe down with leather conditioner after cleaning.
Specific Cleaning Method
- 1. Regarding stains, leather sofas of various colors, especially light-colored leather surfaces, will be stained with stains after a long time of use. It can be diluted with a cleaning solution such as detergent, dipped in a towel and wiped on the leather surface, then dipped in a glass bottle of "safe bleach" with a towel to wipe off the dirt, and finally soaked the towel with clean water Wipe the surface of the sofa clean.
- 2. First use gauze dipped in warm water to wipe the surface of the leather sofa clean, then use the leather scrubbing agent and protective agent that can be bought in the supermarket to wipe, remember not to use too much force. In addition, the inner surface of the banana peel also has a protective effect on the surface of the leather material. The price is low and it is worth a try.
- 3. If the child is naughty, it is quite troublesome to get the ink of the stationery on the leather. How to clean the leather sofa at this time, you should wipe off the ink with an eraser as soon as possible, but if there is grease or dirt, you need to scrub it with a small amount of low-concentration soapy water first, and then scrub it with clean water. You can also try wiping a stained leather sofa with egg white.
- 4. If it is relatively heavy dirt, detergent and milk have no effect, you can try softer alkaline substances, such as alkaline noodles. Buy a bag of edible alkaline noodles in the supermarket, and use a soft brush dipped in water to scrub, the old dirt in the texture can be removed, and the effect will be immediate when scrubbing, but remember to scrub with clean water immediately after scrubbing.
- 5. There are also some synthetic leather imitation leather sofas that will produce mildew after being damp. How to clean such leather sofas? Generally, the mildew of synthetic leather imitation leather is caused by the fibers at the bottom of the leather being damp and the accumulation of dirt on the surface. of. The longer the time, the stronger the combination of fibers and mold spots. To deal with this kind of mildew, first use an old toothbrush to dip in high-grade liquor and wipe the moldy place. Then wipe it with a cloth to let the wine and mildew evaporate. If this method is ineffective, you can use ammonia water to dilute 20 times with clean water, and the mildew spots that are not easy to wipe off with a towel will be cleaned after volatilization and drying.
Maintenance of Leather Sofa
- 1. After buying the leather sofa, first use maintenance wax to cover the sofa with a protective film to prevent dirt and sweat from soaking into the pores of the sofa, which will make it difficult to clean in the future. Leather sofa maintenance
- 2. Clean and maintain the sofa once a month with maintenance wax. In summer, because people sweat a lot, they should be maintained once a week. Don't wait until the sofa is dirty to clean it, it will be difficult to clean it to its original state.
- 3. Many detergents are harmful to the cortex, so choose a suitable detergent. At that time, it was difficult to see when it was cleaned, and there were problems after a long time. The real leather sofa, its leather is very precious, just like human skin, it needs to be maintained carefully. Only when it is well maintained, your leather sofa can last for a long time As new, to bring you the enjoyment of life. I'm really afraid of sofa maintenance
- 4. Do not scrub the leather sofa with water, as the leather will harden and lose its softness after a long time. Do not use detergent to clean the sofa casually, as it will discolor the leather legs. The second is that it will harden the leather; once the sofa is dirty, be sure to ask a professional housekeeping company to clean and maintain it.
Note: Which cleaning products are not suitable for leather sofas
Soapy water, detergent, and other cleaning products not only cannot effectively remove the dust accumulated on the surface of the furniture but also are corrosive, which will damage the leather surface and make the sofa dull.
At the same time, if moisture penetrates the wood, it will also cause mold or local deformation of the wood, shortening the service life.
Spray wax can only be used to spray the surface of wooden furniture, not on the sofa. Because the leather sofa is actually the skin of animals, once the wax is sprayed on it, it will cause the pores of the leather products to be clogged. Over time, the leather will age and shorten its service life.
Our love for leather items may all come from the unique texture that has been precipitated over a long period of time. Treat it with a fetish mind and make the leather sofa at home a durable and companionable item.