The Perfect Bedroom Decoration Brings Happiness
Bedroom design is one of the most important aspects of interior design in terms of well-being. While this may be a universal truth, everyone's style and preferences are different, and the choice of beds and bed frame in the bedroom is the most important element when it comes to bedroom decor.
Some may prefer a contemporary style with a sleek, minimal look. Others may like bright and eclectic bedroom designs. You may choose a leather bed or a fabric bed, of course, you may choose a modern bed, upholstered bed, Ottoman Bed or Murphy Bed, etc. In this article, Royal Family will provide some bedroom design basics, and then provide a modern Preference that offers bedroom ideas, as well as eclectic bedroom designs.
Bedroom Interior Design
Coming up with interesting master bedroom design ideas will be a breeze if you remember one simple rule. When designing your bedroom, keep the function of the room in mind. As it's about decorating, color choices, fabrics, and furniture placement should work in harmony to create a soothing ambiance away from the real world.
How to decorate a bedroom? Here are the basics of bedroom design:
- Make sure to measure. Before you know if your bedroom idea will work, you need to take precise measurements of the bedroom and furniture you plan to buy. Before you bring the furniture home, use your measurements to tape off where you plan to place each piece of furniture. Don't forget to leave room for drawers and doors to open fully, and to allow for windows and drapes.
- Use blue to calm the walls. While walls do provide a backdrop for everything else in your bedroom, the color and finish of the walls set the tone for the room as a whole. Soft blue shades are great bedroom colors. Research shows that color experts agree that blue generally has a calming effect. Before choosing a wall color, you may want to decide on a theme for the room that will create a unified look. The color of the bedding should complement the color of the walls but avoid bright, vibrant colors. They disturb the tranquility of the room.
- Use natural light. Consider the amount of light filtering into the room from windows. If you don't want to wake up with the sun or street lights illuminating your windows, you may want to install blackout blinds.
- Show off your artistic side. Create an inviting, peaceful haven for your family or guests by choosing tranquil wall art and soothing accessories. Designers recommend avoiding family photos while you're trying to fall asleep, as they may pack too much emotional punch. While it's smart to have a few of your favorite things in the bedroom, be aware that too many accessories can be overly exciting.
- Keep space for bedroom furniture arrangement. In bedrooms, we recommend leaving 3 feet in front of a dresser or closet and about 2.5 feet in and out of bed. When you're thinking about filling your bedroom with furniture, make sure you leave plenty of room for you to move around. If you have the space, you might want to add a sitting area for decompression time before crawling into bed - read, drink tea, pet the dog.
Decorating A Modern Bedroom
Modern bedroom designs focus on minimalism and the idea that "less is more". So skip the frills or frills, modern bedroom design tips call for sleek, flowing lines that incorporate sophistication, luxury, and even a touch of elegance.
Form over function. Designing a modern bedroom, especially a small one, starts with function over form (although you can definitely do both). If there's something you don't need, then it doesn't belong there. Incorporating circulation to one side of a room is a professional design trick that will help maximize the space you have in the most efficient way possible.
Use dark woods and shiny finishes. Embrace modern bedroom designs that emphasize black and white. Dark wood finishes are a must. Steer clear of shiny, polished hardware finishes in favor of brushed silver, champagne brass, oil-rubbed nickel, chrome, or pewter hardware that more closely matches contemporary aesthetic ideals.
Trendy lines pop. In keeping with the minimalist attitude, modern bedroom designs will focus on straight lines and geometric shapes. Rectangular bedside tables offer a more contemporary look than Queen Anne-leg bedside tables. For that matter, avoid anything flashy. Clean, straight lines run throughout this modern bedroom, from drawers to headboard to mirror.
Eclectic Bedroom Decor
- Don't rush to throw something away just because it doesn't quite match your current furniture. There are many really beautiful bedrooms that mix styles together into something functional, often referred to as an eclectic style. Here are some tips from this perspective:
- Embrace Mismatched Furniture in the Bedroom: Designer Bunny Williams says the only real rule of decorating is "if you like something, it will work." At Royal Family Furniture, we couldn't agree more! If it's your job to create a room that makes you smile every morning and night, don't be afraid to break the mold.
- Add cohesive accessories. Metal nightstands and wooden dressers don't have to conflict. You can use accessories to hide certain details while accentuating the beauty of each piece of furniture. Make simple changes, such as replacing hardware. If you choose a unique drawer pull, the eye will be drawn to the similarities rather than the different finishes.
- Color can hold it together. Color is a great way to create a sense of continuity in a bedroom filled with mismatched furniture. Look for patterns in different shades of the same hue. You don't have to reupholster your chair; just add a pillow or blanket that matches the color of the bedspread or drapes.
- Match key sections. Everything in the bedroom doesn't have to match, but if you don't like the eclectic look, you can keep some mismatched furniture and just buy a few matching essentials. The most important items are your bed, nightstand, and dresser.
- Use an upholstered headboard. Because your nightstands are so close to the bed, the eye will naturally move from one to the other. While wooden beds are beautiful, upholstered beds are often better with mismatched sheets because you don't need to try to match stains.
Create a Neutral Bedroom
Decorating the most important rooms of your home with white furniture can add a bold, modern, or even classic feel to any home. No matter what look you're going for, white furniture can play a leading role in realizing your dream home.
White Bedroom Ideas
Nothing makes a cozy cabin feel like a room filled with warmth and inviting color. White furniture and muted colors are complemented by warm brown accents, evoking a rustic farm-life feel—even in the big city. So add pastel blue pillows, soft green drapes, or even pastel yellow wall art, and you'll sink into blissful serenity.
Make a modern statement by pairing contrasting black with white. Designing in black and white can make white bedroom ideas look like something out of a modern art magazine. Concentrating the essence of yin and yang is an excellent way to create a bedroom feng shui. Designing with these contrasting shades can create an elegant, modern look that turns your white bedroom into a hotel room that's all yours (and your partner's, of course).
Bold patterns let a white bedroom really shine. When you set the scene with soft white furniture, don't be afraid to experiment with bold colorful patterns. Mix floral designs with elegant stripes, funky polka dots, and even legendary artwork or large patterned chairs. The possibilities are endless, and the pattern you choose can transform your white furniture into a whole new level of decor.
Bedroom Design with Royal Family Furniture
Remember, less is more when it comes to modern bedroom design. Everything should have a purpose. Simple color schemes and straight lines will make almost any bedroom look more modern. Need a little help? Royal Family provides all furniture production and customization services, able to perfectly meet the needs of each user and distributor.